Past Simple (простое прошедшее время) – это время, которое говорит о законченных событиях, которые произошли в определенный момент в прошлом.
Мы также используем Past Simple, когда мы описываем несколько событий, которые произошли в прошлом одно за другим
Вместе с Past Simple часто используются указатели времени, такие как yesterday, twodaysago, lastweek, in 1999, etc.
She visited her grandma.
She went to that club alone.
|–||didn’t + V||
She didn’t visit her grandma.
She didn’t go to that club alone.
Did she visit her grandma? Yes, she did/No she didn’t.
Did she go to that club alone? Yes, she did/No she didn’t.
- В английском языке глаголы делятся на правильные и неправильные(regularandirregular). Правильные глаголы образовывают прошедшее время при помощи окончания –ed. К ним относятся live–lived, work–worked, cook–cooked и многие другие.
Неправильные глаголы не подчиняются никаким правилам и их формы приходится запоминать. Например, go-went, have-had, do-did.
e.g. She lived here when she was a child.
I had to wear a uniform when I was at school.
- Прошедшие формы глагола to be – was(I, he, she, it) и were(you, we, they)
e.g. I was at school yesterday.
They were at home yesterday.
Отрицания – wasn’t/weren’t
e.g. I wasn’t at school yesterday.
They weren’t at home yesterday.
Change positive sentences into negative and negative into positive.
1) She didn’t want to stay at home on holidays.
2) They argued all night long.
3) The robber got into the house and stole their valuable things.
4) Children broke mom’s favorite vase.
5) Sue didn’t believe him and didn’t open the door
6) The teacher asked the most difficult questions.
7) My mom didn’t agree to stay in a hotel.
Answers: 1. She wanted to stay at home on holidays. 2. They didn’t argue all night long. 3. The robber didn’t get into the house and didn’t steal their valuable things. 4. Children didn’t break mom’s favorite vase. 5. Sue believed him and opened the door. 6. The teacher didn’t ask the most difficult questions. 7. My mom agreed to stay in a hotel.
Complete the sentences with the correct form of the verb.
1) Two weeks ago we (have ) a holiday in Turkey.
2) She (see) Grand Canyon.
3) Tom (not want) to buy that car.
4) When …..they….(get) to Paris?
5) Unfortunately we (stay) in a really boring hotel and the weather (be) awful.
6) Caroline (meet) her boyfriend in Paris.
7) I (not be) very happy to see her but I (smile) and (say) “hello”.
Answers: 1.had, 2.saw, 3.didn’t want, 4.did…get, 5.stayed, was, 6.met, 7.wasn’t, smiled, said.
Re-order the words to make questions.
1)Mark buy wife decide to his what for did
2) enjoy dinner they the didn’t
3) wanted relax had dog to walk Mark but take he to his for a
4) booked flight the Internet Jim the on
5) tired do they anything were too to
6) month my broke with last I up boyfriend
7) the he airport take offered to me to
Answers: 1. What did Mark decide to buy for his wife? 2. They didn’t enjoy the dinner. 3. Mark wanted to relax but he had to take his dog for a walk. 4. Jim booked the flight on the Internet 5. They were too tired to do anything. 6. Last month I broke up with my boyfriend. 7. He offered to take me to the airport.